View Single Post
Old
12-19-2003, 02:56 PM
sandman08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Williams may have been rumored to be in a deal for Iginla, because if Calgary is going to trade Iginla Williams would obviously be one of the players Calgary would be interested in.

Williams makes the occasional mistake (usually holding onto the puck too long), but he is the Flyers best forechecker, and most tireless skater.

Williams is a Hitchcock and Clarke favorite, but obviously you have to give something to get something.
if he is a favourite then i apologize and lets say we chock it up to poor reporting.. like i said before im not a fan of the flyers by any sense and therefore do not follow the team exactly.. but by no means do i hate various players (cept for lindross when he was there and i'll always hate leclair) but for the record im a big fan of mark recchi, keith primeau, simon gagne and justin williams is definately a good, fast kid and thats always fun to watch

and as you say, you have to give something to get something, if sutter makes it and thats a big if, he'd want pitkanen in return, along with gagne and williams.. or something along those lines.. it wont be a deal along the lines of comrie and will cost clarke a lot.. for the flames to make a trade involving iggy they would have to get a lot in return to sell to the calgary fans and when you have a guy who just 2 years ago won the pearson and rocket richard trophies and was a finalist for the hart you have someone who is both highly marketable and hugely popular for obvious reasons.. trading that kinda player makes it difficult for the team regardless of salary when it comes to fan support