View Single Post
Old
07-17-2006, 02:20 PM
QuadDeuces

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to QuadDeuces
Since you have skates that utilize a form of Hi-Lo chassis (different sized wheels throughout), you're not going to be able to use goalie wheels in the skates. You'd have a hard time finding proper fitting wheels. Goalie wheels come in different hardnesses, and if you can get a skate with a uniform chassis (where all the wheels are the same size) you may be able to find a set of Hyper Goalie wheels in 80A durometre (the hardest goalie wheels made).

Rinkrat's Crossbar goalie wheels are also a good option as Rinkrat's tend to be very durable regardless of surface. I personally use 80A (black) Hypers outdoors, and 76A (blue) Hypers indoors.

You can also try using (again, with a flat chassis) aggressive skate wheels, but you may find them too hard (upwards of a 92A durometre) even for outdoor surfaces, and slip out, depending on the surface.

Lastly, I suggest checking out eBay to see if you can snag goalie skates for inline hockey, you can occassionally get a good deal. I was able to (3 years ago) grab a barely used, basically brand new pair for $150, and a few months ago, a completely brand new pair, still in the box, for $135. Worth trying, IMO.

Good luck.

-- George.

QuadDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote