View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
I would think that the firesale would be of the veterans, not the prospects.

But if the plan is to compete in 2014-15, then some of the 2013 Entry Draft picks could be competitive parts of that equation. That means trading guys from the current roster that could net high picks this upcoming draft would be a good idea.

Tallon will have his own blueprint in mind for how he wants his team built. Some guys will make the grade, others will not.

I would expect the roster players that are former Blackhawks are the true untouchables, along with Tallon picks and maybe some of the top prospects, but definitely not all of them.

That being said, Tallon is a smart guy, so he's not exactly going to undersell any asset he has. He's also not one to wheel and deal a lot.
I pretty much agree with this, also we should keep in mind that Florida isn't going to be competitive in 14-15 if the team is all prospects and youngins. Bob McKenzie said there will be some expensive contracts moved out soon if Florida didn't turn it around soon, and so far we haven't. It's possible Tallon wants to re-tool the team into a bigger, tougher team to play against. Weiss, Flash, Versteeg, and Kovalev might as well have just stayed home this season. Although Weiss might be injured/was injured. Upshall tries, but he's as useless as teets on a bull and he's injured half the time. If our top six players displayed the same work ethic as our bottom six players, it'd be a different season.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote