View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Snot Rocket

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazley View Post
I started skating again this year for the first time in 15 years, give or take. I've really missed it and with the Jets back, there was a strong inner calling to get back out there. At 39 years old, I am so out of shape... Cardio is horrible. My goal is to drop some weight over the summer and really get at it again next year with the goal of eventually playing as a scrub on some beer league team. For the time being, I forgot how much skates can hurt your feet when you aren't used to them.

Anyhoo... I hit an outdoor rink after work today for a quick skate and the days are numbered now I guess... The blue and red lines were partially melted and the ice had recessed from the boards an inch or more.
I hear ya, almost the same story for me; 18 years for me (38 yrs old now) Jets return drove me to get skates again. I put on too much weight this year, though partially not my fault (car accident and knee scope).

I was out @ Bronx this afternoon, it was bad along the boards. Gotta get my cardio back as well, figure soccer this summer might do it. Was hesitant to play anything with my trick knee, but now that it is fixed I trust it more. Seems to be holding up on the ice. Been out about 15 times this winter, hope to squeeze a hard last push on the ice in the evenings until they shut it down.

My brother is hounding me to play beer league in the fall, so I gotta drop the weight and get back to normal.
HF beer league would be awesome...would we be named the JERTS?

There is a team down in the states playing beer league that are named the "Peter North Stars" and Pete sponsors them...
Not going into details on that one, but the on ice jokes would be endless.

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote