View Single Post
02-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Join Date: May 2011
Originally Posted by
Odd how a kid that gave the last 10 years of his life busting his *** for a horrible team is getting such disrespect from the people.
IMHO the blame lies solely on Dineen. Giving Jovo the "C" was a HUGE slap in the face to Weiss and I don't blame him if he's upset about it. At least if Dineen had given it to Campbell it could be justified. The guy's an all star.
In addition to picking a "C" that sits in the pressbox, Dineen has been responsible for:
- Short practices (45 minutes) during the already shortened pre-season
- Giving the team the day off after lazy losses
- Not pulling goaltenders
- Not getting the players to play hard every shift. (That's the MAIN job of a coach)
- Taking 1/3 of the season to take action against Weiss (a coach is supposed to instill accountability)
- Playing Kuba REPEATEDLY on the top pairing with Campbell even though he's HORRIBLE this year.
- Putting Kovalev on the PK
- Putting Kovalev on the point during the PP (he's to slow to get back on a turnover)
- Breaking up the ONLY good line for the team to try to create a spark with someone that should have simply been demoted.
It would be stupid to ask tired player to do long practices when they game so close to each other.
In what game would you have pulled out the goaltender? Usually they score the tying goal in the last minute of the game and the team crap it's collective pants in overtime.
You want to get scored on every shift or what? Putting an execrable Kuba with (a back then) bad Weaver would have been handing out a goal every other shift.
They brought Kovalev for that.
He's your "best" player, you can't leave him on the fourth line untill he explode for an hat trick playing with Parros.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by p9ers