View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Maybe its possible Nash felt totally fine for a few days before the symptoms came on. It doesn't really explain the testing during warmups though, unless he lied and said it was something else at first.
That was my point, what was he testing then? He would have had to lie to the Rangers big time.

This is what he said after the Caps game when he tested whatever it was that was ailing him and decided to go.

Quote:
And, as far as Rick Nash is concerned, he never doubted he would play tonight.

“I don’t think so,” said Nash, who extended his point streak to four games with an assist. “I just felt good in warmups. I had an extra day to rest the body. It’s just been a lot off games in a quick amount.”
This was the day before when he didn't practice:

Quote:
Rick Nash was not on the ice for today’s practice, the only Ranger to be rested. Nash, who has three goals and eight assists while averaging 21:18 of ice time -his career high in nine seasons with the Blue Jackets is 21:09 - will play tomorrow night.

“It’s just a body maintenance day,” coach John Tortorella said. “He’s played a lot of hockey.”
Fast forward to the next game when he was a late scratch:

Quote:
Tortorella did provide prior to Sunday’s game that Nash was “banged up.” And, if you recall in Mashinter’s pre-game comments, he mentioned a couple of Rangers being banged up beyond the concussed Darroll Powe.
That first quote from Nash signifies something wrong with the body... Unless something happened in the Caps game, I don't know... **** this you have to be Sherlock ****ing Holmes to find out