View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
It's more our failure yet again to hold a lead compounded by poor defensive play, bad goaltending, and the constant penalty parade in the 2nd period.

Dallas has some decent pieces but like a lot of young teams they are going to have their ups and downs. The kids weren't lights out because Oleksiak and J. Benn weren't very good and Fraser was obviously nervous but you can see glimpses of what the team could be in the future. R. Smith is coming into his own and I think both he and Eakin have benefited by playing with Ryder. Just as Garbutt has found his spot with Fids and Nystrom, and Benn can only be helped by Jagr.

If we could get rid of some of the dead weight and improve the defense the offense is more than good enough to compete with anyone in this league. Unfortunately that's not going to happen soon or without a blockbuster Eriksson for someone type deal. Otherwise we've got to wait for the kid defenders, pray for Kari's health or try to get some over paid guy from another team at the draft.

I don't want to rehash the disasters at the draft but Kulikov or Cowen and Fowler absolutely have to be laid at Niewendyk's feet. If Bernhardt made those calls, and I know he did, then everyone else has to say no and force Joe's hand. They cannot be taking stabs at reaches like Glennie or a freaking goalie with top 15 picks. Hopefully with Les Jackson now in charge mistakes like that will not continue to happen.

Hull Fan is online now   Reply With Quote