View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
IranCondraAffair

vCash: 500
I agree that his foot speed will be a problem at the NHL level. His conditioning is fine, his hitting is good, his stick work is good, and his passing and shot are both much better than expected.

Having said that I don't see him being able to be a regular NHLer without work on his positional game. His foot speed/positioning will likely keep him from ever being a true top-4 guy, but guys like Andy Sutton have made careers out of less.

He's also being overexposed right now. I'd like to see him playing no more than 16-18 minutes ideally, but with the injuries, I know that's not practical. Playing 4 less minutes a night is probably 1-2 less mistakes and would really help.

The Bingo pairing of Wier/Gryba would be an incredible 5-6 pairing at the NHL level in 1-2 years and I could definitely see them playing 17-19 solid minutes a night and maybe even more (If that makes them a "top-4" pairing, so be it). They mask one another's flaws well. Wier has a limp shot and poor physicality but NHL quality skating, passing, position and vision. Gryba meanwhile has good fundamentals, physicality/hitting, an NHL quality shot, and a high compete level.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote