View Single Post
Old
02-25-2013, 11:28 PM
tsanuri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
I wrote something like this in another thread but i thought it would be relevant, if and when the NHL does align they should make it so that all teams will

- Have played in every arena once
- even distribution of teams in every division
- allow for inter-conference playoffs, I may be a new fan but its kinda annoying that eastern conference teams play, well eastern conference teams. this probably wouldn't happen but it kinda annoys me. I'd like to see more rivals develop.
- Have games start at 7:00 ( in the time zones) in order to allow eastern teams to watch western games.

Divisions

- Five divisions of 6 teams. Each team plays each other home and away three times. total of 30 division games played by each team. I've calculated that there would be a total of 90 games per division. for a total of 450 division games.

- Furthermore there would be inter-division games, each team plays each other home and away. 24 home and 24 away games. that totals up to 576 home and 576 away games for a whopping 1152 games.

- that's a total of 1602 games a season.

- I've also accounted for Phoenix relocating as well im assuming they move to Quebec. However this could also work if instead the team relocate to Hamilton

- Due note Dallas, Nashville Winnipeg, St.Louis, Chicago Colorado,Minnesota have different time zones i tried my best to find a compromise on that issue. Some of them will play earlier instead.

-Teams who are playing in a different time Zone will be eased into the changes I.e San Jose wont play say Montreal then Vancouver they would play (in no order at all) Toronto Detroit New York(either ISL or RAN) to ease them into the time Zone. this way travel is not as bad.

Here are the Divisions(I'm making up names)

Norris Division:
Ottawa
Toronto
Detroit
Boston
Montreal
*Quebec

Vezina Division:
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Buffalo
New Jersey
Carolina
Nashville

Art Ross Division:
Vancouver
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Chicago
Minnesota

Rocket Richard Division:
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Colorado
Dallas
St.Louis

Hart Division:
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Washington
Tampa
Florida
Columbus

And in 2 of those divisions you have teams crossing 2 time zones for division games. The whole point is to get games in division in the same or maybe one time zone away.