HNIC shows new potential alignment with 16 teams in "east" groupings
View Single Post
02-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Originally Posted by
NHL Dude 120
I wrote something like this in another thread but i thought it would be relevant, if and when the NHL does align they should make it so that all teams will
- Have played in every arena once
- even distribution of teams in every division
- allow for inter-conference playoffs, I may be a new fan but its kinda annoying that eastern conference teams play, well eastern conference teams. this probably wouldn't happen but it kinda annoys me. I'd like to see more rivals develop.
- Have games start at 7:00 ( in the time zones) in order to allow eastern teams to watch western games.
- Five divisions of 6 teams. Each team plays each other home and away three times. total of 30 division games played by each team. I've calculated that there would be a total of 90 games per division. for a total of 450 division games.
- Furthermore there would be inter-division games, each team plays each other home and away. 24 home and 24 away games. that totals up to 576 home and 576 away games for a whopping 1152 games.
- that's a total of 1602 games a season.
- I've also accounted for Phoenix relocating as well im assuming they move to Quebec. However this could also work if instead the team relocate to Hamilton
- Due note Dallas, Nashville Winnipeg, St.Louis, Chicago Colorado,Minnesota have different time zones i tried my best to find a compromise on that issue. Some of them will play earlier instead.
-Teams who are playing in a different time Zone will be eased into the changes I.e San Jose wont play say Montreal then Vancouver they would play (in no order at all) Toronto Detroit New York(either ISL or RAN) to ease them into the time Zone. this way travel is not as bad.
Here are the Divisions(I'm making up names)
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Art Ross Division:
Rocket Richard Division:
And in 2 of those divisions you have teams crossing 2 time zones for division games. The whole point is to get games in division in the same or maybe one time zone away.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by tsanuri