View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

vCash: 500
Guys, you gotta understand the position that MT is in. He is playing Gionta for purely political reasons. It is just plain stupid for any coach to coach himself out of a captains favour. I know gionta's playing horribly but in the end, the captain is the one who has the players ears.

There will be bumps in the road this season. Players will get frustrated. The captain usually gets vented to before a player speaks directly to the coach. If the captain not only agrees with these complaints but joins in on bashing the coach behind his back, it's the beginning of the end for the coach. The players will band together, gradually stop playing for him and MT will get fired.

It's unfortunate but it's a league where players are bigger than coaches. No matter how much MT talks about how he will play the players who deserve to play, he has to makes some exceptions. I don't agree with what he is doing with Subban but if I were him, I would play Gionta the way MT is currently playing him.

The bright side is even with MT playing the worst version of Gionta I have ever seen, we are still winning and getting points these days.

Cheers.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote