Thread: NHL Entry Draft: VKW's 2013 Mock Draft(Top-30)
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Stars have no need for Zadorov with Oleksiak, Nemeth, Dillon, and to a lesser extent Vance.

Not a bad pick at all, but we'd take Wennberg or Gauthier before Zadorov, IMO. Would take Nichushkin above anyone else, but I'm not sure our FO is sold on Russians, especially one with as much risk as Nichushkin has.

The thought of:

Goligoski - Oleksiak
Dillon - Zadorov
Nemeth - Larsen

Makes me drool. So much size, and that's not even including Daley, Rome, or Jo. Benn. Vance and Bystrom could end up being NHLers too one day.

Would still rather go with a forward though. Benn, Roy (if he re-signs), Eakin, Faksa, and Gauthier/Wennberg down the middle is just dirty.
I don't know about having *no* need for him. There's no doubt in my mind Dallas' defense right now is inadequate, and even assuming the young guys develop properly, I still don't see it as good a core as most contending teams. Having numeorus big shut down defensemen coupled with an already dynamic offense would make the Stars a frightening team in the near future, I think. Gauthier and Wennberg would have a harder time cracking Dallas' roster, I think, and even if they did they wouldn't make as big an impact as Zadorov, who at that point is my BPA after Nichushkin.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the comments. Glad I could make so many people happy.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote