View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I agree. We haven't really had a good first line all season. Even Zubrus on it was kinda bleh. I think before last game was the longest a 1st line has stayed together since Poni arrived. Zajac hasn't done much on even strength, and neither has Kovy. Though it's funny Zajac scores a few shifts into the game with Patty. We even had Stefan ****in Matteau starting on that line most games he played before Poni came.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovy could be the best 1st line we've had all season. It could also suck. Poni-Loktionov-Kovy could also be a good line for now though too. Loktionov has produced points with both of them.
It will be good when Henrique/Zajac get going, but I think we need to accept no trade is going to go down that will turn the top line into this killer beast line. We just aren't going to have one line that can just carry us. We are never going to be built like Pitt is. Depth scoring and pressure with solid D is our key to success. Why Loki looking good is so useful to this team right now. We can get a Loki 3rd line rolling with Zubs and whomever along with CBGB, helps stretch and wear out the opposition, lets the first two lines use the good talent they have more effectively. Also Pete and Lou aren't going to move Henrique to the wing on a full-time basis. It just isn't going to happen. They prefer him at center, all the lines with Henrique at wing are pipe dreams. I am ok with that too, JJ needs more time clearly and I prefer Elias at the wing. When Henrique was not slumping that line was rolling and looking unstoppable, would still be rolling if Henrique didn't go into a funk and start missing open nets left and right. Our slump almost went hand in hand with him missing wide open chances.

4 lines, forecheck, solid D and goaltending. We just need to get back to that. Definitely look forward to when Zubs returns and Loki has a full line with no Barch on it to work with for a full game.