View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
I should made it clear that I know it won't actually happen, I just WISH it would.. not that Jones is completely useless, but he is getting paid 2M more than he should be for how he is playing and I don't think he really adds anything we lack to our lineup. Just saying that if money wasn't an issue, I would love to use that 4M elsewhere.
Your frustration is understandable, and we all pretty much share it. Unfortunately Jones's play so far is no different than what he does every year. He's just not gonna be that guy who can reliably score and play his position well. I think part of the reasoning to keep him was because the Avs just don't have a lot of options when it comes to scoring line wingers, and Jones, when he's on, brings the right balance of speed, grit, and scoring ability. It's just too bad we always have to put up with stretches where he looks completely lost.

I still like Jones, but I sure wish he'd be more consistent. I suppose if he was, he'd have cost a lot more than $4 million per.