View Single Post
02-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Blame Dillon
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Kopitar and Brown would not have even been on a Cup team if not for some rather important free-agent acquisitions.
I assume you mean Carter and Richards, who were not free agents? They were decent, but not nearly on Kopitar and Brown's level.

Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
And I'll put Marleau and Couture up there with any homegrown duo for scoring, regular season OR playoffs. If we win the Cup with this group one or both of those guys will be among the top scorers for the team.

Man I know we're down on our team but to not put Marleau, Couture and Pavelski among those players you've listed is delusional.
Not among the top scorers, far and away the leading scorers. That's what Krejci and Bergeron were, Kopitar and Brown were, Malkin and Crosby were, Toews and Kane were, Datsyuk and Zetterberg were, Staal was. I would not put Marleau and Couture on the level of any of those duos save the Bruins one, and like I said, Chara and Thomas were more important. The one their closest to besides those two is Kopitar and Brown, although Kopitar is on another level than Marleau, Couture, and Brown, an Quick was giving Vezina goaltending.

None of you listen to Easy, do you? He gives you trends, you continue to insist on going at it another way. Strength down the middle (as in three good centers who actually play center), Norris caliber defenseman (top-3), Vezina goaltending (top-3). We have none of those right now.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote