View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
It will be good when Henrique/Zajac get going, but I think we need to accept no trade is going to go down that will turn the top line into this killer beast line. We just aren't going to have one line that can just carry us. We are never going to be built like Pitt is. Depth scoring and pressure with solid D is our key to success. Why Loki looking good is so useful to this team right now. We can get a Loki 3rd line rolling with Zubs and whomever along with CBGB, helps stretch and wear out the opposition, lets the first two lines use the good talent they have more effectively. Also Pete and Lou aren't going to move Henrique to the wing on a full-time basis. It just isn't going to happen. They prefer him at center, all the lines with Henrique at wing are pipe dreams. I am ok with that too, JJ needs more time clearly and I prefer Elias at the wing. When Henrique was not slumping that line was rolling and looking unstoppable, would still be rolling if Henrique didn't go into a funk and start missing open nets left and right. Our slump almost went hand in hand with him missing wide open chances.

4 lines, forecheck, solid D and goaltending. We just need to get back to that. Definitely look forward to when Zubs returns and Loki has a full line with no Barch on it to work with for a full game.
I think Loktionov continues to do good things with Kovy, he could possibly be moved up there to center him, and put Henrique at wing. At least until there is nothing left, or if they just don't work out at all.

And I agree we really aren't gonna get anything good in a trade. We thought we were gonna get something for Tallinder, but it's not looking good. We'd get more if we sent Fayne away, but it's probably not worth it. Especially for a rental.