View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:02 AM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
I cant really blame Nieuwendyk for Glennie. He must have had very little info and trusted his guys. Lets remember the Stars didnt have any good RWers at that point either.
There's the addressing need (over BPA) in round 1 argument. You do have a point, but remember that the team didn't talk to Glennie at all.

Quote:
Lets also not forget that beyond the first round we got some damn fine prospects in both those drafts. Do we knock GMJN for Glennie and not give him credit for Chiasson, Reilly Smith and Tomas Vincour?
If you give him credit for Chiasson, Oleksiak, etc., (and I do) then you knock him for Glennie (and Campbell).

Quote:
I think a good GM has to trust his scouts on all the picks, not just the later ones.
Scouts have their own bias, nonetheless. These guys travel like crazy and spend every waking moment scouring over their selections and do become emotionally invested in their selections. When the time comes for the big meeting they fight doggedly against other scouts, often embellishing their selections. It's really is up to the head honcho-- whomever that is-- to make a sensible decision.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote