View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:21 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
They have to sell tickets for the remainder of this year - so why say the team is on its way out now?

This is a rumour, a rumour that has legs. You'll see things ramp up in the next few weeks and months.

Go 20 min down the freeway to the east, go back in time 2 years, and I present to you the demise fiasco of the WHL Chilliwack Bruins.

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/2011/04/...hronology.html
6 weeks from the rumours starting, to the Bruins disappearing. Fans were told season ticket renewal forms were at the print shop, as they started wondering what was going on, since it was early March.

The first chapter of the end of the Abbotsford Heat is just beginning.
It might be as you say, but pointing out how one prior story played out hardly proves that every other story will play out the same way -- I've lost track of how many "team XXX is a dead lock to move to YYY after this season!" stories have completely failed to materialize in reality over the years.

I'm just saying that I'm not jumping on board the "it's definitely gonna happen" train until there's more supporting evidence. I shouldn't have to point this out, but I feel the need to clarify that that is fundamentally different than claiming "it's definitely not going to happen".

"Difficult to tell. Always in motion, is the future..."