View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:39 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
A quick look through the post lockout playoff history shows a bunch of non-homegrown players that led teams to cups or finals:

Briere is probably the premiere example, but there's also Pronger, Heatley, Hossa, Kovalchuk. And Stillman was NOT homegrown, I dont know how I missed that. Yes a lot of homegrown players are on the list but that's more a case of good players being held onto rather than anything else.
Defenseman (Pronger) are not part of the forward requirement. Heatley is not a playoff performer, and it's easy to argue that Hossa isn't either. His goals per game dip dramatically from the regular season to the post-season. He only had 3 goals in Chicago's run. The only really good playoff Hossa had was in 07-08 with, guess who, Crosby as his center. As for Kovalchuk, his numbers went down in the playoffs too. I gave you Stillman, I don't know how you missed him.

Briere is a weird case, but he's also one of the worst defensive forwards in the entire league. Everyone's wowed by his offensive stats, but he gives everything and more back in his own end.

And Finals is different than Cups. The only one on that list that led their team to a Cup was Pronger, who isn't a forward.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote