View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 05:51 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I think the committee will look at Windsor's record post deadline too, but I don't think they'll see it as a positive. Below .500? Sure, there's been some injuries but it's also with the benefit of Aleardi and Khokhlachev and it will be unlikely they have either back.

I'll post an equally biased view from the other perspective. The Colts will also likely return a full defence corps including the best defenceman on either team - Belle River's own - Aaron Ekblad. He can play 30 minutes a night next year in crunch time so the Colts really only need three other guys. Up front Anasthasiou - Hall - Theoret outscore any top line the Spits can put out there and that's assuming that AC doesn't come back. Bradford - McDonald - Lemieux will have to improve, but the Colts also have the following picks in first five rounds of the upcoming draft to deal:

2013 Colts: 1st (once drafted), KIT 3rd, PLY 3rd, OTT 3rd, WSR 4th

vs.

2013 Spits: 3rd, SAG 4th, ERI 5th

The Colts will have at least one OA spot and will also have two import spots to fill with an eye to improving what they already have.
In regards to Windsor re draft picks u forgot to mention that the Spits have a
2nd rd for 2013
The pick was acquired from Niagara by way of Eriie,from Sarnia,in the Maletta deal
The conditions of the Maletta deal was if Niagara obtained a 2nd rder prior to Apr the2014 2nd rd pick would revert to a 2013 2nd rd instead
Most people forget this part of the deal
As well it should be noted that the Spits have 2 1st rd picks in the Euro draft,1 in the top 10 and 1 in the top 25,Niagaras

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote