View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 06:23 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
I would like Barrie's chances a lot better if they could field this year's team next year.
Windsor will find it hard to add a significant player without a first round talent to give up.They do have a bunch of 2nds the following year I believe they could deal though.

With London and Guelph knocked out for hosting too recently, (I know Guelph isn't actually bidding) I would think it comes down to Barrie icing a bit stronger team next year vs Windsor having the bigger and better facility, plus a possible feeling of being owed for being passed over last time. The tiebreaker may be the sanctions against Windsor, whether justified or not. Windsor just doesn't have enough assets to make themselves a Memorial Cup host-worthy team. I think Barrie gets the host next year, Windsor in 2017
Not sure how u can suggest Barrie projects to have a better team next yr
Point wise the Spits have as of now 390 pts returning offensively,while Barrie has 280
pts,from the backend Spits have 121 pts returning while the Colts have 70 almost less,then half
In goal 18 year old Fontinos is the lone goalie for Barrie,while Pavelka and Dekort
may return for Windsor
On defence Colts have 1 guy with more then 10 pts,which is 17 year old Eckblad returning,while the Spits have 4, in fact 3 have more then 25,,Colts 1
Both teams have room for 1 O/A which I imagine will be used upfront
In terms of returning players it does not add up for Barrie,especially point wise on the backend
If Zach Hall does not return it makes it even worse Colts would only have 208 pts
returning as of now big difference compared to Windsor

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote