View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatStateofHockey View Post
I'll just say this. We've seen for far too long, the rise and fall of our goaltenders.

Both Bishop and Anderson are posting unreal numbers right now, which I think is more of the system than their actual skill. I think both have the ability to be top 10 starters, but not capable of winning a Vezina. We are playing a VERY defensive system right now.

Just look at Steve Mason , system changed and he fell flat on his face.

Lehner has been unreal at both levels (Only 5 games in OTT though), and won the AHL playoff MVP 2 years ago. I'm confident he would be posting insanely high numbers here as well. If we can get a young top 6 player for Bishop, we have to take it.
Ottawa has 3 AHL defenceman and 2 aging vets. We are not a "defensive system." We allow the third most shots in the league. The only two that allow more are Edmonton and Buffalo. Our system is "Work your ass off and hope the goalie bails us out"

A defensive system team is like STL who are 1st in goals against with 22.9 s/g compared to Ottawa's 32.2

We are suppose to be a puck possession team that focuses around Karlsson/Spezza/Michalek. When you don't have them, well it kinda falls apart

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote