View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
How do the Devils get to make that decision? Not as if the Devils and the NJSEA are on good terms since the Devils left Brendan Byrne.

But yes, Giants stadium would be the best venue. Larger, better set-up for hockey. Another great spot would be Miche Stadium at West Point, but the capacity is only ~45K.

The real issue with Rangers-Devils is NBC. When talk was Rangers-Isles at either Yankee, Shea, New Yankee, or New Shea, NBC objected. They supposedly wanted 2 different markets represented. They feared there wouldn't be much interest outside of the NY metro area. Which is why Rangers-Bruins has surfaced as a possibility. Only way I could see the Devils being in the WC is if they ever had a huge marquee player, and I mean top 2-3 in the league in terms of names. So, the next Crosby, Ovechkin.
Yeah I mean I'm not really sure, but I do know that both Vanderbeek and some state officials have said that the Devils would have to be included for it to be in NJ.. Which is why I think they might be able to appease the Devils with a Devs/Isles or maybe Devs/Flyers game on the same rink a few days later

Like I said, NBC seems to at least be considering marketing the Devils/Rangers rivalry nationally by having them as tentative NBC games at the very end of the season.. I think the ECF gave it national attention that actually caught on and, if the cards are right this season, could continue to build with potentially 2 marquee games.. Sadly, the thing that could help kill it is having Brodeur retire right before this become viable

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote