View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 AM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blamebettman View Post
huh? vagiants stadium is a parking lot. It's Metlife Stadium now.

Rangers-Bruins have no real rivalry, and Boston has already played the Winter Classic. NJ and NYR just played in an intense ECF and have a rivalry. It makes the most sense. Plus with all the NY and NJ transplants across the country, I think there will be plenty of interest outside the area.

If Vanderbeek said that no Winter Classic happens in NJ without the Devils...well that is kinda strange but perhaps he's greased the palms of some NJSEA folks
I call it Giants Stadium as it was the Giants who had it built. Jets were just riding their coattails. I also refuse to acknowledge the corporate names, hence why I call the Mets park, "Shea".

As someone who has been to probably 30-40 Rangers-Devils games both at MSG and in NJ, I am well aware of the rivalry.

Anyways, the Flyers have played in 2, Detroit will be playing their 2nd. Flyers and Bruins didn't have much of a rivalry, they played. I would love Rangers-Devils and I would love to see rangers-isles, but I doubt it happens. Unless NBC changes their tune. They already shot down both.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote