Thread: NHL Refereeing
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I liked the reffing last night, overall. Yes, they ignored about a dozen calls that we've seen called pretty consistently in other games. And made some pretty cheap calls too... maybe I just missed it by the even-up penalty against Subban really didn't look like Subban got Condra or whoever it was at all. While they got the big interference call on Methot that was too obvious to miss, they also let go a ton of other picks that have been called all year. So the refs performance did stand out as being completely out of line with the "standard" for the rest of the season to date.

But I liked that. It was more of a throwback "let 'em play" approach. I prefer that. Of course, it could be they weren't consciously taking a "let 'em play" approach, it just ended up being that way due to their incompetence. I'll take it.

The league could improve the game so much if it could somehow crack the mystery of inconsistent officiating, however. But as long as they're already maxed out on sales, essentially, there probably isn't really much incentive.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote