Thread: NHL Refereeing
View Single Post
02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
The calls they made were legitimate calls. There were plenty of non-calls, though, which gave me the impression that they were going to let both teams just play. And I'm fine with that, as long as it goes both ways.

But for some reason in the last two minutes of a tie game, they started calling absolute nonsense. It was terrible for both sides. No sense putting the whistle away for the majority of 58 minutes and call everything in the last two and then again in OT. Bizarre.
Subbans stick on stick is tripping?

The way I see it is the league wanted a lot of PP at the beginning of the season to maximize scoring and get viewers back. Now that 1/3 of the season is done and the playoffs are around the corner, at least from what I saw tonight, they want to get back playoff like officiating. The penalty on Cole was pretty borderline, the call on Subban was a phantom call, which we all know was a call to make them equal. The Turris call was borderline, but you have to call it since Diaz couldn't clear the puck. In the thrid DD was being sat on after each faceoff, which I thought was pathetic not to call.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote