View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 09:00 AM
walker33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Here are 3 guys who are highly rated and are among the biggest in the 97 group:

Connor Schlichting, although most have him in the #10 -#20 area. Id personally have no issue taking him around #10. He is not very physical, he is smart, effortless skater, excellent hard passer, big shot. Im higher on this kid more than others. I think his upside is off the charts. He is 6-2 185

Cameron Lizzotte is another pretty big Dman that is rated high, that could be an option. I personally think he belongs in the #15 -#25 area. Some rate him inside the top 10. I like his battle level and defensive awareness. His skating has improved greatly since playing with the Copper Cliff Redman last year, but still appears to struggle with his balance as he can lose an edge out of the blue. At the same time, he is explosive enough to skate the puck up the ice. 6-1 175

Troy Henley has a wide range of tools. The thing I like most about Henley is how many different types of games he can play. Finesse or Physical or a mix of both. He looks like he will be a solid stay at home Defenseman with offensive skills as well. Sometimes his rushes are a little out of control but he has improved this area greatly over the course of the year. He seems to play within the Oakville system. Appears at times to be holding back. I think he is the second best defenseman on Oakville behind Spencer. 6-0 200

connor schlichling is almost 6'2, 6'3 195 hes a big boy