View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Enigma Publius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Here's a thought, and this may have been mentioned before so excuse me if it has, but why not take the proposed realignment and just swap the two Florida teams with Carolina and Columbus?

The 2 Florida markets would be happy because they now have 3 NY area teams, and Philly who make up a good deal of their transplants, so they should see increased revenue for all home division games. Not to mention they don't have to "fly over another division" to play their road divisional games. Florida teams are typically in Divisions with teams in the NE corridor in all other major sports.

Carolina goes back to their ancestral home, so to speak, in what's basically the old Adams Division, and while Columbus doesn't get Pitt, they do get geographically close rivals in Buffalo and they keep Detroit in their division and then add the 3 Canadian clubs.
It's not a bad idea at all. In fact, here's what I posted about it earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma Publius View Post
This is true. You could swap CAR and CLB for TB & FLA and you'd have a similar setup. I definitely think it could work - in fact, I might even prefer it. But Columbus would lose out on potential rival PIT and the New York media market. Though, if QC ever gets a team, Columbus will likely be losing out anyway.