View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
NYROrtsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am probably one of Kreider's biggest fans. I watched him at BC for 3 years. However he has not been playing well. I understand letting him play through it but even in the AHL he has yet to be assertive. He looks like he did in his freshman season at BC. Still learning the defensive side of the puck which he is almost stressing too much. Considering he has done this once before at college, I have a hard time 100% blaming Torts.
Agreed... I understand people still remember the playoffs last year but Kreider has been garbage this year. And it's nobody's fault but his own for those people who want to blame Torts or Gernander.

The kid is just going through the motions most of the time out there. HE's not going in with the mentality that he WILL make a difference. He's not utilizing his skating abilities and he's not imposing his will. He should take a lesson from Callahan on the effort level. Throw in the fact that he's not the best passer in the world and it becomes that much clearer.

Bickel at least brings some toughness to the table where Kreider is bringing nothing right now. I don't agree with him sitting on the bench and I would send him down but I don't have an issue with him not playing for the Rangers right now.