Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
The more I think about it, if the JETS miss out on Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm and Monahan, the guy I want is Frederik Gauthier or Nikita Zadorov.

Another guy who I think will be a steal later in the 1st round (23 - 30) is Curtis Lazar. If the JETS are out of it at the deadline and there was any way to package Hainsey and Antropov to a contender for their 1st, Chevy has got to pull that off.

There's bound to be a contender that could use these two vets right??? San Jose, Anaheim, Vancouver, St. Louis? How about Pittsburgh or Boston? C'mon Chevy weave some of your voodoo magic and make it happen.

As far as Nichushkin goes, I would pass. The Russian factor is there whether teams readily admit it or not. He is no doubt talented, but I'd hate to be the team that gambled on him and have him jerk you around or pull something like Radulov. JETS cannot afford to miss on their 1st in this draft.

I'd feel safer taking Zadorov although I'm not sure why because even though he is playing in the CHL, he could pull the KHL thing for contract leverage just like any other Russian.

Last edited by untouchable21: 02-26-2013 at 10:49 AM.