View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I've actually been happy with the effort on most nights. For me it is the schizophrenic nature of being a fan right now.

Logical fan in me knows that the team is going to struggle to win games, and that even losing games and getting a high draft pick is a good thing.

Passionate fan in me wants the team to win, and can't stand the part of me that is ok with the team losing, and doesn't want to watch the games and see it happen.

I still have a good time when I go to the arena, but I find myself knowing there is a game on, and watching a 6 year old episode of Scrapheap Challenge instead, because I don't have to fight with myself when I watch it. I know I'll watch the games when the season is over in order to make a video.

That's what I meant by it being easier when there was the lockout.
It is a difficult time to be a fan. I'm sure a great number are as torn as you are each and every game, I know I am. Knowing and accepting are two very different things. But c'est la vie, I still watch.

Let's just hope the painful times will be relatively brief, and that much better ones are ahead.

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote