View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:05 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
The more I think about it, if the JETS miss out on Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm and Monahan, the guy I want is Frederik Gauthier or Nikita Zadorov.

Another guy who I think will be a steal later in the 1st round (23 - 30) is Curtis Lazar. If the JETS are out of it at the deadline and there was any way to package Hainsey and Antropov to a contender for their 1st, Chevy has got to pull that off.

There's bound to be a contender that could use these two vets right??? San Jose, Anaheim, Vancouver, St. Louis? How about Pittsburgh or Boston? C'mon Chevy weave some of your voodoo magic and make it happen.
I just don't see most organizations giving up a 1st round this year at the deadline and the main reason is with the new lowered cap whether teams like it or not there is going to be an increasing pressure to draft and develop. Also this appears to be a much better draft.

The only team that might do it would need to feel they can win this year, be desperate for a top 4 D man that is unrestricted, and have amazing prospect depth in their organization which would allow them to sacrifice a 1st round pick in a great draft year.

If we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot come April 3rd I am not sure we will be selling.