View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I'd trade Plekanec for RNH or Seguin straight up.
Yeah me too. But would you do the same for say JVR? Or Turris ? Or gudbranson?
I know I wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
You can probably get a 7-10 pick for plekanec, maybe 6 but we would have to add.

But you're not getting a top 5 pick not in this draft.
...This is the kind of mentality that makes me sacrifice pigs to Satan in the barn next to my home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When have I called him a "generational talent"?

Comparing his HS and vision to Crosby is legit. He doesn't have Crosby's all around game, motor or net drive though.

I would still take Jones 1st because he can dominate in so many ways. But from awhat I have seen Drouin and Jones are a notch above anybody else in terms of franchise/impact players.

Kane is a very good playmaker, but there are better ones...Giroux Crosby etc

I think Drouin will have a better NHL career than Kane, bigger and stronger, better character(Kane is a bit of a wingnut) and better all around player.
You haven't if you read, you'll see I never said YOU did.
It's not fair at all actually. You're comparing this to the best player in the league man... The best player since Lemieux played a game in a pens shirt....
You're selling Mackinnon short and this is sad. You know why? Because your evaluation might be flawed. Mac doesnt play a ''wow'' game a la Drouin. But he's just as effective.
I agree that Kane is a wingnut, but to even think he would score 88 points in a year might be putting too much pressure on the kid.

Then again, this is the forum where they said Yakupov would be scoring 40 goals in his first year or that Chuck would be playing first line next year.

You guys think too highly of the future and not enough of the now, or the what have you accomplished lately.