View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I really wonder what Douglas Murray would cost from SJ as a #6 to pair with Stralman.

Murray-Stralman

All Swede pairing in front of Hank. Size and toughness with some puck-moving capabilities.

Or, MDZ-Murray.
Murray is litterary a freak of nature, and it might start costing him at this point of his career. I am not so sure about him.

I don't remember the exact time, but I know that he had to give up lifting weights like 10 years ago to keep his muscle mass to a minimum. Despite that he is built like a freakin bull (he looks like he is pumping anabola) and its really hurting his speed.

Murray's granddad is like one of the top 3 most famous legendary hockey players in Sweden, and he was built the same way. Like 6'0 240 lbs. Back in the 50's, almost nobody were as ripped as body builders are today. But Murray's granddad, Lars Björn, was that. He could have walked into any gym today and line up against just about anyone. They must have some serious hormon unbalance.

There is definitely a risk that Murray is way too slow to play D for Torts. Since we forecheck so hard, we don't support our D's that well on the backcheck, and they need to be really good at keeping the gap between them and their forwards.