View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I just don't see most organizations giving up a 1st round this year at the deadline and the main reason is with the new lowered cap whether teams like it or not there is going to be an increasing pressure to draft and develop. Also this appears to be a much better draft.

The only team that might do it would need to feel they can win this year, be desperate for a top 4 D man that is unrestricted, and have amazing prospect depth in their organization which would allow them to sacrifice a 1st round pick in a great draft year.

If we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot come April 3rd I am not sure we will be selling.

I see what you're saying, but in the hunt or not, I'd be pissed if they don't extend Hainsey or sell him off and gain an asset or two. If he can't agree to an extension, Chevy has to get an something for him.

If we're not sellers, he can get Hainsey's replacement from someone who is selling. Just has to be someone to replace his minutes doesn't have to be better than Hainsey. It's not like we're expecting a deep playoff run anyways.

Hawks have some pretty good prospect depth. Maybe one of their top four D get hurt before the deadline. They have a good working relationship with Chevy so maybe they come calling again. Who knows, we'll see what the next month has in store.