Old
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM
ps241
atta boy JMo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
[/B]

I see what you're saying, but in the hunt or not, I'd be pissed if they don't extend Hainsey or sell him off and gain an asset or two. If he can't agree to an extension, Chevy has to get an something for him.

If we're not sellers, he can get Hainsey's replacement from someone who is selling. Just has to be someone to replace his minutes doesn't have to be better than Hainsey. It's not like we're expecting a deep playoff run anyways.

Hawks have some pretty good prospect depth. Maybe one of their top four D get hurt before the deadline. They have a good working relationship with Chevy so maybe they come calling again. Who knows, we'll see what the next month has in store.
I don't like burning an asset if we are realistically out of the playoff picture but we also don't want to get the stink of being sellers when we are in position to make the playoffs. That could impair our ability to lock up RFA's long term or attract UFA's this summer. Also I think our core group of players would benefit allot from any playoff action and as a group the value in us taking the next step can also not be underestimated. If we have a bad month and are clearly out of the playoff hunt "AND" can't get Hainsey extended then I would agree we should move him.