View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Pierre Gauthier was not a mediocre GM - he was a terrible GM - by far the worst we've had in Anaheim.

As for Murray - I've always said he's a middle of the pack GM and his most recent results don't change much. He's missed the playoffs 2 out of the 3 full seasons he's been here but he has done a good job at restocking our prospect pool and we're finally starting to see results from some of the guys he drafted. As for us needing to rebuild when he took over - the core he was left with up front and in net was good enough that we never should have had to endure losing seasons. Yet we still did.
Well, that's a pile of horse ****. If you think that there was no timer on that team, then you need to take off the fan glasses. Everyone around this league seemed to see it. Whether you feel there needed to be one, there was an attempted rebuild. Let's take a look at who some of the other GMs that boast similar tallies and struggles during those: Bryan Murray in Ottawa and Dale Tallon in Florida - such mediocrity.

I like how people here are saying I'll gladly eat crow if blah, blah, blah, but when that moment looks like it might be on the horizon they have to redraw the argument to be something else. Now it's that we had a sizable young core that should have won for the next five seasons. Or just become completely obtuse. It's nice to know that you guys have the great character that you spend so much time telling us you have.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote