View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
From the latest LeBrun article:

In the meantime, everyone is waiting to see if/when Colorado moves Ryan O’Reilly. A long list of teams have inquired -- the likes of Ottawa, Toronto, Philadelphia, the Rangers, among other clubs -- but have been put off by the high asking price.

"I just think they don’t really want to move him unless it’s a home-run offer," said one Eastern Conference GM. "That’s their prerogative, really."

The only thing I gather is that it will take a massive over payment to get ROR. Otherwise the Avs will just wait for ROR to break.
These kind of tactics seem to be done more and more lately, and I'm not really buying it in this situation. Coincidentally the same kind of talk was happening last year when the Rangers were trying to get Nash.

They want to get a significant player without giving up any real significant players of their own, so they try and paint the other team as being unreasonable or asking for too much, to put pressure on them to drop their asking price.

I just find it odd that these GM's or whoever are even making public comments. What reason do they have, it's not about their player? Seems calculated to me.