View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
The Undertaker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
I think you could lose one or the other...but not both. Too much identity was shed. And you can't replace that with cheap labor. Sather outsourced his team's heart...IMO.
100 truths in that statement

I was just covering my ass for all the naysayers that would come in and say Prust>Dubi

But I agree ten fold

It's a sticky situation when you get rid of your hardest working players and don't replace them with much. The Powe acquisition helps, but because of injury he hasn't yet established his identity fully and will be a while before he is on the same level team wise (not skill wise) as either of them. I whole heartedly feel like Powe would have went after Maxpac after the hit as well. Powe has had a feisty game, which as much as it pains me to say, was ingrained in him on the Flyers.

I also feel like with time and getting comfortable Mashinter can somewhat make up for it. He can throw the body around at decent speeds and will work hard and stick up for his teammates. With that said he seems like he is on a leash though after seeing him play in person CT. Although his pace is still there, that aggressiveness is lacking.

I digress however, at this point no one on our squad can make up for the hard work we are missing from last year at the current point in time.

The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote