View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
His first pick was 2003's

Let's see how Beaulieu and Tinordi turns out, he may end up having a very good 1st round record if both become legit top 4 defensemen.

There is no doubt Fischer was his worst pick, and if Leblanc doesn't turn his career around he might be the 2nd worse on the list, followed by the disappointing Chipchura who found a spot in the NHL as a 4th line center in Phoenix.

Kostytsin's isn't a bad pick per se, but if you take into consideration the players that were picked after him, then yeah it's a bad one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I have no problem with the AK pick because he looked good at the draft. But Fisher? I was screaming for the Habs to pick Giroux.
Who was picked right before Fisher? Mitera.

How many games did Mitera play in the NHL? Yup, same as Fisher. ZERO.

That is why I was and am, never a fan of picking kids from HS leagues. Too few games, and not enough real competition.

As for the '06 draft, you (and many others) wanted Giroux; I wanted Berglund. Mabe he didn't pan out so far as Giroux has, but we really needed size up the middle then (sounds familiar huh) and Berglund had it in spades and would have made an excellent 2nd line centre here.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote