View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
MacKinnon is future NHL star. Petan playing with nobody of that caliber. Petan raised the point totals of some linematess but none of his linemates has MacKinnon's talent. Looked how Drouin's play came down when the playing field was level like the Top Prospects Game?

Actually, would not be suprised if Petan ends up better all around player as his +/- blows Drouin out of the rink despite Drouin playing with better linemates. Quite often player taken late first round ends up better player than top picks. Drouin we have zero chance of drafting but Petan an equal player, we have an opportunity to draft.

I compared Petan's numbers to Gallagher's. At same age of 18. Where they same league and roughy same size at 18. Petan should score 80ish points at NHL someday as I have Gallagher average 50ish points NHLer. Petan higher offensively talent than Gallagher at 18. Gallagher more feisty but Petan more value also as natural center
You clearly have no idea what context is. Petan is playing with established and high profile CHLers in Leipsic and Rattie (and Rutkowski + young Bjorkstrand, etc.) backed by veteran Carruth + Seth Jones, Pouliot and Wotherspoon. That team is beyond stacked and experienced.

Mac and Drouin are playing on a good team but the depth and experience is nowhere near these guys. And Gallagher played on some really weak Vancouver teams.

I'm not saying Petan won't be better than our player but rather temper your wild expectations by putting his impressive results into context.