View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:36 AM
MoreOrr
B4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221 View Post
If the wildcard isn't between 4th and 5th of the same conference then the whole idea should be scrapped. If they insist on a wildcard, there has to be an easy, simple way of describing it to the casual fan. If there's some crazy covoluted formula, then 'joe casual', whose team is in 4th, but got wildcarded out of a playoff berth is going to ask wth am I even supposed to care?. Like others have said, teams w more points have missed out before due to divisional playoff rules, why not now? What's so high and mighty about teams in this day and age compared to teams back then? If anyone can truly remember any kind of grievance filed due to team x in conf a having more points than team y in conference b, yet missing out on a playoff berth due to being in a stronger conference, please let us know. I know there was no real internet back then, but surely it would have made the news somewhere.
That whole idea is just the biggest load of nonsense I've heard discussed here. Within the same Conference, after 82 games have been played, the Standings are the Standings. There's no reason why the 5th place team should get yet another chance to maybe overtake the 4th place team for a Playoff seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
This realignment is stupid if there are no divisional playoffs.
How can you say that? In both the 1st two Rounds there will be at least 3/4 Divisional matchups. 6/8, 7/8, or 8/8 in the 1st Round; and 3/4 or 4/4 in the 2nd Round.

Last edited by MoreOrr: 02-26-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: typo