View Single Post
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
I thought he demonstrated remarkable restraint

....relatively speaking.
Indeed, it wasn't bad. Just a bit lost on the audience. It's nice to know that some, outside of Columbus, is starting to see the improvement. If it continues, Howson will deserve some credit. I think the potential is there for JK/JD to hit the ground running with this team.

That doesn't mean I think Howson did a particularly good job or that he deserved to keep his job. It just means that I think that his drafting was better than some around here gave him credit for and that some of the deals that are setting up the team going forward had a bit of luck involved and kind of fell into his lap.

This is only loosely related to the thread, but this team is mostly preforming as expected. Since we are the 30th place team, I guess that should say something to the pro-Howson crowd. There is patience to improve and then there is a decade to improve. Howson was taking the multiple detour, long ways, country tour method.

That doesn't deter from the fact that I like a lot of our players and I like how they are playing. But a Mason/Bob pairing to start a season is just inexcusable, as an example. We probably should have addressed a FA forward as well. That could have helped, depending on what we found.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote