View Single Post
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
vCash: 500
Hey guys. From Utica originally and live in Albany now. I played hockey through high school and am an avid fan (rangers...stop throwing stuff). My dad was involved with the ownership group that originally brought the stars and comets and eventually the devils to the utica area. He has since passed but in hearing of the news this past Sunday I thought I would give my dads old business partner a call. The deal to bring the flames affiliate to utica is in fact done. They're not really sure how it was leaked and they didn't want it to happen. Our local facility has already had the locker rooms and training gfacility built, the lower bowl of seats replaced and the upper tier is just waiting for announcement. The facility upgrade was largely done without public knowledge. I can't name my source at this point but I promised on another board I frequent and will do the same here, I will name them by April 1st, about a week after the formal announcement.

Although I do like to see ahl caliber hockey in utica I do feel for the residents of Abbotsford. I hated the day I saw the devils leave and never thought that city would be able to acquire a team again but it has come to fruition. Please don't slam me as I'm not trying to be confrontational I just wanted to share what I do know.

UticaFan is offline   Reply With Quote