View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM
alphafox

vCash: 500
I am actually quite surprised at how well the team is playing this year.

Seriously I am. This team is one of the worst in the NHL. I say again "one of" the worst, which is a significant improvement from last year when we were by far and away the worst showing little to no effort and getting slapped around by teams like Chicago and St.Louis.

This year we have the heart, work ethic, and depth that we didn't have last year. The games are close and they guys give a 60 minute effort. Anyone who looked at our roster and thought we were going to be competitive before the season should really start betting on sports. The depth of the team is promising and is a solid foundation for building going forward. The defense is actually better than it looks when we look at how little we possess the puck. The goalies have actually been making the saves that need to be made.

We really are only a few excellent forwards away from being able to seriously compete. If we draft well and some of the young forwards like Johansen, Atkinson, and Jenner can step up we could be ready to compete before the oilers

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote