View Single Post
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
The Tikkanen
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I've seen companies like Don Simmons and Battram do similar things and no one complains about them. Why are people treating Tron differently in that aspect?

Personally I'm happy there is a company out there that undercuts the pricing scheme of the others out there. Hopefully in the long run it'll help bring prices down overall .
That's the gist of it. If you're expecting their products to perform like the products they clearly are copying then you don't get what they're trying to do. I work by the Los Alamitos store, have been in a few times and have bought some supplies. I'm real picky about my equipment and would rather pay high end prices for stuff I really like, that fits and has some technology I like rather than go cheap and buy more stuff in a couple of months. But, they aren't marketing to me. I was told they are a consignment store so they get stuff that didn't sell in other hockey stores so they have cheaper prices. That was disputed in the ModSquad thread I believe but I'm just going off what I was told in a face to face conversation. Undercutting is needed in the hockey industry since we are now being sold $800 skates and $250 sticks and the prices will continue to go up. Still, it's a free market, you can buy what you want. IMO, Tron is a store for the player that is on a very tight budget, students, parents, people like that who would be using broken down equipment and now they can buy stuff that is close to high end without paying high end price. And remember I have no input on the shipping portion of their business since I have access to their store in person. And no, I do not work for them.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote