View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
It seems like the organization and fans, unfortunately, feel the same way. Outsiders watch O'Reilly and fall in love with him, yet those closest to the situation continue to think he's a fluke. That's fine, he has been called a fluke and an overachiever at every level he's played. "Too weak." "Skating isn't good enough." "No shot." All he does is exceed expectations.

I am sure many teams will love having the 50 point, perennial Selke candidate guy down the middle for them. You win Stanley Cups with players like Ryan O'Reilly.
By no means am I saying he won't be a 50 point guy, just I'm not completely sold on it yet. He had 1 season of 50+, but looked damn good doing it. A big part of it was injuries, in which he REALLY stepped up and showed what he can do. But if we were to have a completely healthy team, which seems a little far fetched, I don't know if he could consistently put up those numbers.

I completely believe that he has the skill to do it, but I'm not sure if he would get the chance to do it with this team again. Also, the future of Stastny plays a big role in this, of course.