Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I think they want to be careful. That probably means they felt they didn't have the guys in place in Europe that they could trust just yet.

I think they want guys with high end work ethics,good leaders and play with a bit of toughness in their game. I think they are looking at some of there euro guys in the minors and not liking what they are seeing.

I guess if it comes down to Lindholm and Monahan at their draft position I think they draft Monahan because of those things the Jets Value right now.
Lindholm/Monahan is pretty much a coin , so one over the other would not surprise me either way to be honest.

They may not like their European players in the minors but they have signed overseas players when they had the otion to or not at the NHL level , so again I believe it is an individual decision. I do not think the Jets are pre disposed to not wanting to sign/draft Europeans. They may indeed need to see different things to make them feel they are warranted , but if the grade they give is right , they would pick them imo. This year with the extra picks , the confirmation of scouting there , if no players were picked it would then be a pattern , but until then it isn't , imo.