View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Because some of us don't visualize well, I have to put a name.
Top prospect is less attractive than Drouin, MK or Seth Jone.
And when a player is linked to Habs, we will have more attachment to that player.

Year ago, when Habs were so bad, some people didn't want to tank. Now, with Galchenyuk, the tanking (maybe not intentional) is not a bad thing at all.

What if I twist a question a bit: if Habs make playoff, we won't have Galchenyuk. Do you want Habs make it or not ?
The problem is it doesn't work like that. Teams rarely intentionally tank, they are usually just bad. If the Habs tanked last year, it was decided when the season was already a lost cause; before that they were just mismanaged. We got rewarded for it, but there's a reason it cost Gauthier his job.

We could play this game every year. The fact is we could trade all our vets like the tank brigade wants and still miss out on the top 5. This poll is a loaded question - "make the playoffs or Drouin!" What if you changed it to "Win the Stanley Cup or Monahan!" Not as sexy that way, no? And we probably won't win the Stanley Cup, but at this point we probably won't be getting Jones or Drouin either. We'd have to lose every game from this point out, and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

Seriously, why now? I understand this loser mentality before the season started, I thought the Habs would be a bad team. But you really think one of the richest professional sports teams in North America should throw away season after season in hopes to someday emulate the Oilers?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote