2014 WJC in Sweden. When? and How? | General talk (tickets, hotels, etc)
View Single Post
02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Washington, DC
A few tips for any North Americans who haven't purchased tickets yet:
* Do so soon, at least for the USA/Canada and Bronze/Gold games...there aren't as many left as I would have guessed.
* Before you call, go to the Ticnet.se website (you can select English there) and set up an account. The phone rep will be able to pull it up (via email address) and see your all info, saving you the trouble of having to provide it (and spell everything slowly) on the phone.
* You can see the exact seats that still available from the website for each game, and you can request those specific seats when you call. It's reassuring to see those seats become "unavailable" once you hang up the phone.
* If do you have an online account associated with your purchase, you can login from there and access your PDF tickets anytime, just in case you "lose" the email with the tickets.
* The wire transfer needs to be made in Swedish Krona. Your bank should be able to tell you what the exchange rate is.
* Ticnet asked that I initiate the transfer request the same day, or no later than the next day. The transfer took 3-4 business days to go through, and I got the email with the tickets a day or two after that.
* I has to ask the rep to repeat the the bank transfer info several times because of language issues. Here's that exact info so you can make sure you're getting it correctly:
Bank account number: SE9050000000052911006135 (yes, that's 8 consecutive zeros).
Swift code: ESSESESS
Bank info: SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB) , 10640 Stockholm, Sweden
Receiver: Ticnet AB, Box 450, Postcode 57325, Tranas, Sweden
Include you name and confirmation in the reference field.
That's the only info my bank needed (no email address), and my transfer went through correctly.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by webnogg