View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
I disagree. You're burning a year of RFA for a meaningless season. If he's not signed by the trade deadline, I don't think anything will happen until next summer. Sherman isn't dumb enough to let O'Reilly hook the hook like that. I think, at least.
Nah, he'll be dealt by the draft. The Avs won't allow this to go on beyond that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
It seems like the organization and fans, unfortunately, feel the same way. Outsiders watch O'Reilly and fall in love with him, yet those closest to the situation continue to think he's a fluke. That's fine, he has been called a fluke and an overachiever at every level he's played. "Too weak." "Skating isn't good enough." "No shot." All he does is exceed expectations.

I am sure many teams will love having the 50 point, perennial Selke candidate guy down the middle for them. You win Stanley Cups with players like Ryan O'Reilly.
Yeah, I think people pigeon-holing RoR as a 3C or even 2C is completely shortsighted. (geez...talk about absolutely forgetting what this guy brought for 3 years) He just turned 22 years old and was able to put up 55 points in his very first opportunity with significant power play time playing with Landeskog and a combination of Hejduk/Winnik and Downie. You stick this kid between Ladd and Wheeler and he'll improve on that total, I'm quite certain of that.

I personally don't think that 1C is out of the question for him and I don't know why it seems so far fetched for anyone. He's still very young and is going to keep getting better.

Let's not allow the current contract situation to tarnish what this kid can do as a player.